A Mom and Scientist Fighting for the Environment Affordable Housing Reproductive Rights Public Safety in WA State
Elect Victoria Hunt (D)
WA State 5th LD Representative
A dedicated community leader, passionate environmental scientist, and proud mother, now running to represent Washington’s 5th Legislative District. Since her first election to the Issaquah City Council in 2019, Victoria has been instrumental in championing initiatives for affordable housing, environmental stewardship, and enhancing public safety. Her leadership reflects a deep commitment to fostering a sustainable and inclusive community that serves as a model for the entire 5th LD and beyond.
With a rich background that includes a PhD in Ecology and significant contributions as Chief Data Officer at Crosswalk Labs, Victoria is uniquely qualified to address the challenges facing our region. Her efforts in Issaquah—ranging from developing a comprehensive Climate Action Plan to advocating for equitable community services—illustrate her holistic approach to governance. Victoria’s work is driven by the belief that thoughtful planning and proactive environmental conservation are key to ensuring a vibrant future for our families.
As we look to the future, Victoria Hunt envisions a 5th Legislative District that leads in innovation, sustainability, and community well-being. Join us in supporting Victoria’s campaign for a greener, safer, and more prosperous Washington.
Managing Growth through balanced development and long-term community benefit.
- On the Issaquah City Council, I applied my expertise as a UW Urban Design and Planning Faculty member to provide business and property owners a more consistent and predictable path to building and development. At the same time, I ensure our environment is protected as we increase service for affordable housing options, Transit Oriented Development, and Opportunity Center projects.
- In the State House, I want to apply that same expertise to ensure we are increasing affordable housing options at every level across our state, while protecting the best of our communities and environment.
Environmental Stewardship prioritizing a sustainable, greener future for WA.
- As an environmental scientist with a PhD in Ecology, I am passionate about protecting and preserving our precious natural resources and leading urgent climate action. I was honored to push for and finalize Issaquah’s ambitious Climate Action Plan and develop greener building code and improvements on energy efficiency, including electric car charging stations.
- As your Representative, I would be honored to apply a scientist’s lens to our environmental policies and ensure Washington leads on climate action.
Safe and Healthy Communities through public safety and human service investments
- As Council President, I added significant resources to the Police and Human Services departments, and enacted the Police Accountability, Equity and Human Services Action Plan. In partnership with the community and non-profits such as the Issaquah Food and Clothing Bank, I also enacted key steps in the Human Services Strategic Plan to ensure all residents and families have access to basic essentials like food, shelter, and clothing.
- Working together, we can achieve communities where every Washingtonian feels safe and is able to achieve their full potential.
Mobility for WA through planning and investments in transit, safety, and accessibility
- In order to meet our region’s growth and climate goals, I have prioritized mobility on the Issaquah City Council, improving streets and sidewalks, investing in safety and accessibility, and connecting our local network of trails, parks, and open space.
- In the Legislature, I will fight for our district’s fair share of transit and transportation resources to keep our region moving, champion light rail delivery on time and on budget, and ensure we are planning for the mobility needs of future generations.
Excellence in Education
- In the legislature, I will be a champion for ensuring that students have the resources to thrive and that the public schools are equipped to support every student. As a mom to two young children, I will be a champion for a public school system that meets the needs of parents, educators, and students.
Healthcare and Reproductive Rights
- I will be an advocate for affordable healthcare and resources for behavioral health. I also firmly believe in the importance of a woman’s right to choose and am proud to have been endorsed by Planned Parenthood Alliance Advocates in my city council race in 2023.
What People Are Saying About Victoria
2023 Issaquah City Council Election
- 5th Legislative District Democrats
- 41st Legislative District Democrats
- King County Democrats
- Eastside Firefighters: IAFF Local 2878
- Aerospace Machinists Union District Lodge 751
- SEIU Healthcare 1199NW
- King County Federation of Democratic Women
- Washington Conservation Action
- Sierra Club
- National Women’s Political Caucus of WA State
- King County Young Democrats
- Transit Riders Union
- Alliance for Gun Responsibility
- Planned Parenthood Alliance Advocates
- Vote Mama
- Humane Voters of Washington
- Washington Bikes
- Mary Lou Pauly, Mayor, City of Issaquah
- Kim Schrier (D), US Rep for WA’s 8th Congressional District
- Bill Ramos (D), WA State Rep for the 5th Legislative District
- Lisa Callan (D), WA State Rep for the 5th Legislative District
- Tana Senn (D), WA State Rep for the 41st Legislative District
- My-Linh Thai (D), WA State Rep for the 41st Legislative District
- Sarah Perry, King County Council
- Sydne Mullings, Issaquah School Board President
- Lindsey Walsh, Issaquah City Council President
- Zach Hall, Issaquah City Council Deputy President
- Tola Marts, Issaquah City Council
- Barbara de Michele, Issaquah City Council
- Russell Joe, Issaquah City Council
- Chris Reh, Issaquah City Council
- Mason Thompson, Mayor of Bothell
- Angela Birney, Mayor of Redmond
- Kali Clark, Mayor of Sammamish
- Katherine Ross, Mayor of Snoqualmie
- Matt Larson, Former Mayor of Snoqualmie
- Kelli Curtis, Kirkland City Council
- Pam Stuart, Sammamish City Council
- Vanessa Kritzer, Redmond City Council Vice President
- Jeralee Anderson, Redmond City Council
- Corina Pfeil, Kenmore City Council
- Janice Zahn, Bellevue City Council
- Paul Charbonneau, Newcastle City Council
- Fred Butler, Former Mayor of Issaquah
- Kashif Zahoor, Highlands Council Board of Trustees
- David Kappler, Issaquah Alps Trails Club, former Issaquah City Council
- Ann Fletcher, founder of Issaquah People for Climate Action
- Mariah Bettise, former Issaquah City Council, Board Member, Issaquah Food Bank
- Larry Franks, Board Member, Friends of Issaquah Salmon Hatchery
Ken Konigsmark, Issaquah Hall of Fame award winner
Christy Garrard, Executive Director of Visit Issaquah and Issaquah Economic Vitality Commissioner
Jamie Finch, Issaquah Environmental Board Chair
- Trish Bloor, Chair of the Issaquah Human Services Commission
- Connie Fletcher, former Issaquah School Board Director, former member of Washington State Board of Education
- Current Issaquah City Council Member
- Current and Prior Career Experience:
- Chief Data Officer – Crosswalk Labs
- Data Scientist and Statistician – Global Good
- Affiliate Faculty – College of Built Environments, University of Washington
- Conservation Scientist – Chicago Botanic Gardens
- PhD in Ecology – University of Illinois
- MS in Animal Breeding and Genetics – University of Wageningen (Netherlands)
- BS in Biology – Cornell University
Interested in donating to our campaign? Click the button below to be taken to our secure donation site.
Paid for by People for Victoria Hunt